When it comes to finding things to do over the year, often there are annual events that we can rely upon to provide fun, entertainment, and experiences like no other. Whether you want to involve the family or do something with friends or as a couple, there will be events that take place throughout the year that will help you do that. But what annual events can you enjoy in the Midlands? Central England has much to offer. Here are the ones to look out for.
What Annual events are there to attend in The Midlands?
Market Harborough Classic Car Show
You can’t beat a classic car show, and the Market Harborough Classic Car Show is one that takes over the little town of Market Harborough every year. Here you can enjoy witnessing some of the most iconic vehicles and a chance to learn a few things as well. There are usually traders there with stalls and lots of places to eat and grab a drink or two. A great option that the whole family can enjoy.
Living Well festival
If you want something that is a little different then you could look at heading to the Living Well festival. This is a location where over 100 exhibitors are coming together to discuss everything to do with living well and focusing on your wellbeing and mental health. The perfect event to help you get back on track.
Shrewsbury Flower Show
There is something that is quite relaxing about heading to a flower show, and the Shrewsbury Flower Show is a fantastic place to visit. Here you can walk around landscaped gardens as well as different creative displays. You will also find an array of experts on hand to discuss your garden and flower needs, as well as some wonderful street food trucks, drinks areas and other food options to keep you going. The Shrewsbury Flower Show is a great event to attend and one that continues to grow year after year.
British Science Festival
The British Science Festival is one for those who love anything to do with science. Taking place in Leicester, which is home to the National Space Museum, the British Science Festival is one of those events that take over the city. Taking place in September, there is an itinerary of smaller events within the festival so you can pick and choose what you enjoy and when. The perfect event for anyone that loves science and space, or perhaps children whom you want to introduce to different things.
Christmas is a magical time, and each year there are an array of Christmas markets that you can enjoy. The Christmas markets usually have various different stalls selling anything from candles and foot items to Christmas decorations and trinkets. You can also enjoy a great selection of food and drink. In The Midlands, there are many different Christmas markets that take place. These include:
- Chatsworth Christmas Market
- Birmingham Frankfurt Christmas Market
- Nottingham Winter Wonderland
- Worcester Victorian Fayre
Sometimes you can’t beat a good old-fashioned beer festival and as Birmingham is the biggest city in the area, there is no surprise that there is an abundance of options. You can find some of the best offerings below where you can sample craft beers and enjoy different options from all over the world.
- Bromsgrove Beer, Cider and Perry festival – Usually takes place the last weekend in June.
- Stafford Beer and Cider festival – Usually takes place the last weekend in July.
- Black Country Beer festival – Usually takes place mid-august
There has been a huge rise when it comes to events that are family-friendly and while festivals used only to be something that you might have attended in your late teens and early twenties, you can now bring the kids along and enjoy live music and entertainment while keeping in mind that it is something the kids will enjoy. Here are a couple of ones that you could attend in The Midlands.
- Big family festival – Takes place in July. There is so much on offer at this festival perfect for families. You can enjoy live entertainment with plenty of activities to keep all members of the family engaged and having a good time.
- Camp Bestival Shropshire – Camp Bestival in Shropshire is taking place in August. It is one of the iconic brands when it comes to family festivals. At Camp Bestival, you can enjoy live entertainment and even camp for the whole weekend. A great option especially if you haven’t attended a family festival before.
Hopefully, this has given you plenty of inspiration for some of the annual events in The Midlands.