AD | Affiliate Links
When you have an upcoming trip it is always something to get excited about. Often the lead-up can be just as exciting as the actual trip as you start to visualise where you are going and what you might do when you get there. A family holiday to the beach is one of those things that we can all look forward to. A chance to enjoy quality time on the beach and even swimming in the sea.
Packing List for a family holiday to the beach
A beach holiday usually involves days spent on the sand and paddling in the water, so what do you need to pack? I wanted to share with you a packing list for a family holiday to the beach that will ensure that you can make the most of it.
Tickets, money and documents
For starters let’s start with the basics. Print off all your tickets and ensure that you have a money source and any documents you need. When enjoying a family beach holiday, then chances are you going to be spending time on the sand, in the water, but also visiting restaurants and enjoying the resort you have chosen. Here is a short list of some of the things you might want to consider:
- Credit or debit cards – It might be worth letting the bank know you plan on using it in a different location beforehand.
- Passports and travel tickets
- Print off any reservations you make
- Tickets for tourist attractions
Clothes and toiletries
When you book a family beach holiday, you might be wondering what you should be packing in that suitcase. You usually will have bags that go in the hold on the aeroplane or the chance to take big cases with you. But while you are not pressured with space, you still need to pack essentials. I have put together a short list to help you consider some of the things you might want to pack in your suitcase:
- Toiletries – Deodorant, any make-up you might need, hair brush, skincare products and toothbrushes.
- Comfortable pair of shoes or trainers – You might decide that you want to do a bit of walking and exploring.
- Flip-flops or beach shoes – Let’s face it, the beach is sandy and there can often be rocky areas, so make sure you pack appropriate footwear for the beach. Flip-flops are great, but you could also look to purchase beach shoes in advance. These are usually waterproof as well.
- Shoes for the nighttime – You may want the chance to smarten up your appearance at night so pack shoes that could be versatile and go with a few different outfit options.
- Plan your outfits – While during the day you may be spending time at the beach, you might still want to plan your outfits for the evening.
Family beach holiday essentials
There will be essentials that you might need that will help you make the most of your family beach holiday. So here are some of the beach essentials that you will need to pack:
- Swimwear – The beach is the opportunity to enjoy the good weather and also paddle in the sea. So make sure you pack swimwear for the whole family.
- Beach towels or cover-ups – When you get wet you want to be able to dry off quickly, so you may want to consider packing some beach towels or cover-ups to help with that.
- Sunglasses – A beach holiday usually means sun, so make sure you pack those sunglasses to protect your eyes.
- Sun cream – You will also want to protect yourself from UV rays so make sure you pack sun cream.
- Powerbank – You might be using your phone to take pictures or book things on the go, so a powerbank will help you to stay connected.
- A bag for the day – You will need a portable bag that can house everything you need such as your phone, money, keys, beach towels, a change of clothing, sun cream and anything else you might want with you during the day.
- Cool bag – It is important to stay hydrated so if you do have a cool bag it is worth taking it with you. You can then fill it with bottles of water to help you stay hydrated when it is warm.
Finally, we live in a world of technology so you may need to consider packing some of the following things for your city break:
- Mobile phone and charger
- Adaptor to plug things in
- Laptop and charger
- A camera
Hopefully, this packing list will help you when it comes to your next family holiday to the beach.